We are huge advocates of using software that can be bought or rented and connect it with other software, which we maybe already have or can be bought or rented as well. Our definition of a solution is simply: any combination of products and services that solve a customer's problem. So cutting costs by moving Human Resources offshore is a 'solution.' Improving productivity by providing a long-life laptop battery is also a 'solution.' What counts for the customer is not how complex the solution is, but whether their business problem was solved and how well it was done.
We build complex software solutions for intricate business problems, but we make them easier to use. And this is how are actually do it step by step-
- Strategy - Our management team is made of business consultants. For them, strategizing means making assumptions based on what we found out in the discovery phase. And challenging those assumptions as though they were your competitors'. We love our ideas, sure, but we are also ready to slash them if they prove unworthy.
Wireframing - Development takes a long time before it can be assessed. That is why, early on, we tackle the conceptual side of the project. What it does, what it looks and feels like. This way, you get to take important decisions before we start implementing anything. This saves you time and money. And we call it Wireframing, though it is more akin to planning. Working with the most basic of tools, pen and paper, we get a feel of what your project layout should look like. We then transfer the sketches to a digital format, either by scanning or by reworking them with software like Balsamic Mockups. This we do at the same time as the Brief. We use it to explain visually what the brief details in words.
- Briefing - Once we know what results we are after and how we are going to achieve them, we go to briefing. This is where we put together everything we have discovered and fine-tuning the specific requirements of the project. Thus, managing and reporting becomes a breeze. Well, not a breeze, but way easier and more manageable.
- Design and Prototype - Once the wireframe is approved, we'll share some design references. Then debate on which are the best ones and start drawing. From the shapes of the buttons to what colors your images should contain, the second stage of UX will expand on how your app behaves and interacts with your users. Basic interactions are implemented. This way you can click on the mockup and get a feel of how everything is linked to everything else. We then brainstorm as to what would be most useful for your users. We will also jot down the actions you want them to take in each section of your app.
- Engineer your product - Development, Testing, Infrastructure & Improvement.
Now comes the fun part. You are happy with the strategy, the look and feel of the product. You have some ideas for promoting and milking it for all it is worth time to start building.
- Development - Your product's frontend (what your users see and interact with) and the backend (what the server sees and acts upon) are developed at the same time. We integrate mobile & 3rd-party plugin development in the process, so you get to have your cake and eat it. If you do not like cake, that is ok, the end-product will still be awesome!
- Testing - Things rarely go according to plan. When you have thousands of lines of code before you, and thousands more to write, a small typo can break a lot of things. Which is why we thoroughly test everything before we ship. When possible, we run automated tests that check for specific scenarios. By rigging a server with specially made software, we can do stress-testing and brute-force testing to check for any security or hardware issues that might appear.
Infra - We cover this during the Discovery Phase. Infrastructure means Intermediated hardware, which further translates to: - We cover this during the Discovery Phase. Infrastructure means Intermediated hardware, which further translates to:
- Server configuration and hosting
- MS Azure integrations
- PagodaBox integrations
- AWS (amazon web services) setup
Improvement - Of course, we could leave it at that - product delivered, task achieved, everybody happy. But why not add to that? We will work with you to properly launch, host and deploy your project. And, because technology and marketing evolve at a faster pace than ever, we also do:
- A/B Testing
- User Experience & User Onboarding Optimizations